Update: Coaching Programme 2007/8

Info on official club training sessions

Moderator: Stickiers

Update: Coaching Programme 2007/8

Postby Rob Harvey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:32 pm

Last week the committee confirmed the coaching budget for the coming 12 months. This means we can restart some of last years winter sessions and start rolling out a few new ones. I've included a summary below. I will advertise more information via the forum / website as dates, times, coaches and activities are confirmed:

Cycling:

Sunday Road Rides - organised rides will be starting again from 14th October. The group coordinators will be:

Group 1 - Andy Fardon
    Group 2 - Guy Dobson
    Group 3 - Charlie Baker
    Early Birds - Tim Johns

The group coordinators role will be to find one or two people to lead each weeks ride and make sure the ride leaders understand what they have to do. ALL club members should volunteer to help out on at least one ride throughout the autumn/winter/spring. To sign up to lead a ride visit the relevant thread on this forum and post a reply with the group and date you would like to lead. The group coordinator can help you with route planning and even a suggested route if you don't have anything in mind. Charlie also has paid for a license to alllow us to map each route and publish it for download from the site so everyone can print off a copy. So do your bit and sign up!

Lead MTB Rides - With the ever increasing popularity of off road triathlon events such as Xterra the club is planning a series of introductory mountain bike rides lead by a qualified mountain bike leader. Along side this, a route will be suggested for more advanced riders to try under their own steam; with a compulsory cafe stop at the finish. More information will be available on the forum/website soon with the first date planned for November. Rides will run every two weeks during the winter and will continue monthly during the summer.

Turbo Sessions: - We will again have 3 weekly turbo sessions beginning in November:

Tues 8pm-9pm at Moss Side
    Fri 7.30-9pm at Stretford
    Sat 10-11am at Moss Side

The saturday session was scheduled to start this weekend however we decided to delay the start till November to give everyone a chance to recover for a month. We will use the saved money to buy fans for Moss Side to make the session just that little bit easier!

Brick Session: The ever popular brick sessions run by Nick Thomas will be back again in April at Longford Park. The exact date will be confirmed nearer the time.

Running:

Track Sessions: - The wednesday track session will continue throughout the year. Depending on numbers an assistant coach may be brought in to work with Nick. We have funding for an additional track session for 6 months of the year. As track time is difficult to come across we are still sorting exactly where and when but Monday evening at either Longford Park or Regional Athletics look favourite. The start date will likely be January. More information will be available soon.

Off Road, Park and Hill Sessions - Building on the success of Nick's Winter Scrambles from last year and Jonathan Dabbs Hill Sessions we will be running an additional run session most weeks (except when there is a XC race). A list of planned training will be available on the site soon and will include session on the XC courses for the Manchester League, Fartlek and Interval sessions in local parks as well as hill and off-road sessions. More details soon.

Thanks

Rob
Rob Harvey

Postby JPS » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 pm

Rob

This new season of training looks great. Thanks for all the hard work.
"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
Greg LeMond
JPS

Training

Postby David Moon » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:08 am

I agree, well done. cheers Rob :)
David Moon

Postby Keith B » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:50 am

Yes, the work is appreciated. New member here and will definitely start some of the bike rides from Didsbury as well as some of the swimming sessions (which is by far my weakest discipline).

Keith
Keith B

Postby Grae » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:09 pm

I have to agree this all looks really good and as I haven't been to any club training sessions yet, this really helps me get organised.

The descriptions, etiquette, what to bring etc are really useful aswell, I've got no excuse now!!
Grae

Postby Ala » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:02 am

This looks great Rob, many thanks for your hard work.

Could I please also add on to Rob's request for EVERYONE to please get involved with the Sunday rides - they were good last year, but it gets a little unfair when we have to rely on the same poeple. Guy and Charlie and many others did a fantastic job with last years rides, so let's carry on their hard work and all muck in!

Your club needs you!
Ala

Postby brianm » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Good job Rob !
Loads to go at there .

Are there lockers to store turbos at Moss Side available this year ?
brianm

Return to Training