NEW junior training sessions

Moderator: Stickiers

NEW junior training sessions

Postby Kat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:53 pm

In association with Manchester Triathlon Club, Triathlon England are holding a series Triathlon Training Sessions for juniors in the Manchester Area. The sessions are aimed at youngsters aged 10-14 who are new (or relatively new) to the sport. Delivered by well qualified, experienced and friendly coaches the sessions will cover all the essential skills for swim, bike, run and transitions (the bits in between) as well as introducing a variety of ways to train for the sport. Numbers are limited to 20 so contact Rob Bishop (robbishop@britishtriathlon.org) now to register your interest.

Ø The sessions will take place on Saturday mornings between 10-12 with a suggested meet time of 9.30 so everyone is ready to start on time.

Ø Most sessions will take place at Wright Robinson High School, Gorton, taking advantage of the excellent and newly finished sports facilities inc. a 25m swimming pool.

Ø The first session will take place on Saturday 5th July. See http://www.mtcjuniors.wordpress.com/timetable for all future confirmed dates and activities.

Ø Each session will cost £5 that will go towards the cost of organsing the sessions. Admission is free for Man Tri junior gold members (please bring your membership card).

Ø Equipment won’t be provided so you will need to bring your own bike/helmet, running shoes and swimming kit for the relevant sessions.

Parents are encouraged to stay for the sessions and enjoy a cup of tea/coffee to watch what is going on and meet other parents or help with coaches out when appropriate. If there is sufficient interest and support for the sessions Manchester Triathlon Club would look to begin a junior section with a regular training timetable of training to add to the well established senior section. This of course, depends on sufficient volunteers coming forward to run a junior section so if you would like to get involved with this exciting new initiative please get in touch with Kat Copsey(chairman@man-tri-club.org.uk).

For more information:
About these sessions: http://www.mtcjuniors.wordpress.com
About Manchester Triathlon Club: http://www.man-tri-club.org.uk
About British Triathlon: http://www.BritishTriathlon.org
Can anyone remember where I parked my car?
Kat

Re: NEW junior training sessions

Postby Kat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:19 pm

PS Ideally all participants should be able to swim at least 25m unaided
Kat

Postby Kat » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Update: We've unfortunately had to postpone until 19th July due to an issue with booking the venue. Watch this space
Kat

Postby Sarah S » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Hello!
If you need any communication with the venue give me a shout - it is my school and I walk past the community office several times a day!
Sounds great, will push it with some of my students.
I am doing my first level of Swim teaching training there in July. I may be interested in supporting some swim coach sessions with' little ones' :twisted: to put it into practise before doing level 2.
S
Sarah S

Postby Kat » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 pm

nice one! Thanks Sarah
Kat

Postby Kat » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:59 pm

Just had an email from Rob Bishop. We're back on for 5th July!
Kat

Postby Kat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm

The junior sessions are up and running and have been a great success so far.

Parents, if you haven't brought your kids down yet then don't miss out again! The next session is on 9th August.

Please spread the word :)
Kat

Postby MartinW » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:07 pm

My lad Elliot who is 9 attended the first session on Saturday and had a great time. He effectively got 1-2-1 coaching on his swim technique and thought it was great - I'll have to be careful not to bring him down too often as I was hoping he might 15-16 before he can beat me!

I'll be down on the 9th August so if anyone else is bringing their kids down we could havea bit a parents run for 45 mins of so if anyone is interested.
"Success is a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while failure is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated every day. " —Jim Rohn
http://www.eurotidalwave.com
MartinW

Return to Forum