Boundary Breeze - Sunday 12th July 2015
- 12/07/2015 Results will be available here soon after the race, good luck everyone: https://mantri.niftyentries.com/Results/BoundaryBreeze2015
- 05/07/2015 The competitor's information pack is now available to download. Please do take the time to read it thoroughly!
- 07/01/2015 Race date confirmed for 12th July 2015. Entries now being accepted - see link http://mantri.niftyentries.com/boundarybreeze/
Please email email@example.com with any enquiries.
The Manchester Boundary Breeze Sprint Triathlon is a well established event, great for first timers and an annual favourite with more experienced triathletes. The race is really well organised and friendly and competitors love the lake swim and the flat bike course on good roads. Set in the beautiful Cheshire countryside just outside Holmes Chapel and Knutsford, there is easy access from motorways. The race takes place mid season which tends to mean good weather and one of the warmest open water swims on the circuit! With the first wave at 10am there is even a civilised start time!
Swim: The swim is one lap clockwise of the lake and is very clearly marked with buoys. Most years the water has been comfortably warm and some competitors even choose not to wear wetsuits. The swim exit is sandy and soft underfoot then a short run on grass leads to T1.
Bike: The bike course consists of two slightly different laps on roads in the Cheshire countryside, with no major climbs to contend with. The bike leg finishes back at Allostock Village Hall where you will find T2.
Run: The run starts with a short section on a minor road before two out-and-back laps on closed roads. This is shaded by trees and there is a drinks station at the start and end of each lap. All that remains is a sprint finish back to the Water Park & the finish line overlooking the lake.
The race is staged at the Boundary Water Park with race headquarters at Allostock Village Hall which is minutes away from the motorway network. Knutsford, Holmes Chapel and the City of Manchester are all nearby. See the directions page for more details.
Refreshments and parking are available at the event for both competitors and spectators.
- This was my first triathlon and I was encouraged so much all the way around, it really made my day. The race has a very friendly atmosphere."
- Back for the third year running and its great to have a lake swim rather than a busy pool. The family like it also as I take them to the Trafford Centre afterwards!
- I like the flat course very much as I am not very good at cycling. Today's cycle course has given me a personal best time. Which is always good for the ego.
Results and Photos
Results and photos from previous editions of Boundary Breeze may be found here.